Summary: The Executive Assistant to the CEO reports directly to the CEO and will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast paced professional environment. The Executive Assistant must have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes. Excellent judgement is essential to this position. Regularly required to resolve complex administrative problems independently. Perform tasks that are diverse and advanced. Special projects may require flexibility with schedule based on the priorities and deadlines for the CEO.
Duties & Responsibilities (Other Duties May Be Assigned):
- Schedule meetings, coordinate calendars, and plan travel for CEO, and at times for other Executive leadership.
- Answer and screen telephone calls, arrange conference calls, and greet visitors.
- Read and route incoming mail, including email. Prioritize emails and communications.
- Compose and type routine correspondence. Proofread all communications. Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Conduct research and compile and format reports and presentations. Assist with Board meeting, client and prospect presentations.
- Maintain contact/address database information, updating contact information as needed.
- Track status of documentation. Organize and maintain company files, correspondence, and other documents.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as copying, scanning and filing, and other duties as assigned by CEO.
- Promptly respond to requests for additional information or support. Manage all essential support tasks, and assist with special projects as requested.
- Assist with preparation and planning of Board meetings, including arranging member travel arrangements, coordinating meeting space, preparing agenda, content development of visual documents and presentations, and other arrangements as necessary.
- Act as contact for Board Member queries relative to meetings and arrangements for visits to main office.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Act as the CEO’s representative and ambassador to external constituents as directed.
- Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision making.
Skills/Qualifications, Education/Training & Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and HRIS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three to four years of experience working as a C-suite level Executive Administrator preferred.
Abilities, Work Environment & Physical Demands:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-worker, support staff, clients,and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, live person chat capabilities, order processing systems case management, and database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Previous experience with internet programs required; database and communications platforms
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances.