The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) – a government agency within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) which oversees lawful immigration to the United States – released its 2023-2026 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Strategic Plan on April 20, 2023, according to a news release provided by the USCIS.
The 2023-2026 DEIA Strategic Plan is the agency’s first comprehensive strategy to incorporate a culture of DEIA principles as a foundational element of its daily work. The plan – which is consistent with the USCIS core value to champion people and the USCIS Fiscal Year 2023-2026 Strategic Plan that made a commitment to invest in a DEIA culture – features six primary goals.
- Leadership Engagement – Leaders model and champion DEIA consistently.
- Diversity – Attract and build a representative workforce at all levels of the organization.
- Equity – Foster an equitable workplace to ensure employees have the resources they need to succeed.
- Inclusion – Nurture a culture that prioritizes inclusivity and belonging.
- Accessibility – Modernize infrastructures to build and sustain an accessible environment physically, mentally, and technologically.
- Safer Workplace – Maintain a safe and respectful workplace.
“This plan reaffirms our commitment to strengthening a culture of DEIA within USCIS, where our employees are respected and included,” USCIS Director Ur M. Jaddou stated in the news release about the plan resulting from collaboration in the agency. “We’re proud to join this government-wide effort to cultivate a dedicated workforce that is reflective of the United States.”
Focusing on DEIA in the workforce is a government-wide priority. The plan from the USCIS builds on U.S. President Joe Biden’s Executive Order on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce that advanced the development of a federal workforce reflecting the full diversity of America and offering employment opportunities for all individuals.
ClearStar is a leading global Human Resources technology company specializing in background checks, drug testing, and occupational health screening. ClearStar knows fostering company culture is a journey toward achieving success. “The ClearStar Culture” embraces DEIA to help team members do extraordinary things. To learn more about ClearStar, contact us.
© 2023 ClearStar. All rights reserved. – Making copies of or using any part of the ClearStar website for any purpose is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ClearStar. ClearStar does not provide or off