You need a position filled yesterday. Your company has experienced turnover recently and is looking for the right fit. Unfortunately, your HR department is stretched thin, and it can’t vet applicants as it should.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
If so, your organization could likely benefit from working with an experienced staffing agency. At ClearStar, we partner with some fantastic companies and staffing agencies, so we know the pain points that often lead a company to decide whether a staffing agency is the right fit.
Here are five things you should know before you partner with a staffing agency:
- A staffing agency can save you time and money. Yes, it’s true! Most staffing agencies have a pool of qualified candidates ready to be interviewed in a matter of hours or days. You can fill the positions you need more quickly and get back to business.
- A staffing agency acts as an extension of your business. An experienced and reputable staffing agency understands their clients’ wants and needs – to the point where they feel like a branch of your business.
- A staffing agency acts as a middleman. Staffing agencies are adept at handling many uncomfortable conversations around hiring, such as rejecting candidates who might not align with a particular role. Having a go-between alleviates any added stress of the hiring process.
- A staffing agency will charge a percentage of the potential employee’s wages. Staffing firms often work with a company to determine what an appropriate fee should be for finding qualified candidates and turning them into new hires. Usually, it’s a certain percentage of their overall salary or wages.
- A staffing agency can reduce risk and potentially decrease employee churn. New hires who end up being the wrong fit for a company potentially cost more than just the time and salary expenses – they could also cost your business’s reputation. Reduce risk by partnering with an agency that knows what to look for (and what to look out for!) when it comes to your next hire.
As the premier choice for background and drug screening solutions, we partner with staffing agencies who have the experience and expertise to make your culture, business, and bottom line better.