ClearStar – a leading HR-technology company specializing in background and medical screening services – is sponsoring a free webinar that takes “A Deep Dive Into 5 States’ Drug Testing Laws” and features presenter Bill Current of the Current Consulting Group, LLC (CCG), which provides expert consulting in all areas of substance abuse testing. The free webinar will take place on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM EDT / 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM PDT. To register, click here.
Have you ever attended a webinar on state drug testing laws and felt like you got a 30-thousand-foot view of all 50 states but not a lot of details? Of course, you have. But if you would like a deep dive into just a handful of states at a time as part of a single presentation, this webinar is for you. This presentation will cover in detail the legal status of workplace drug testing in the five most populous states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania. Topics covered will include:
- Type of law: mandatory, voluntary, workers’ or unemployment comp regulations, or case law
- Lab testing, including certification and confirmation testing
- Point of Care Testing (POTC)
- Testing methods: oral fluid, urine, hair, or others
- Drug-test panel
- Pre-employment & post-hire testing, including the legal status of random testing
- Collection procedures, including split specimen, collector qualifications, and direct observations
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) requirements
- Legal marijuana and its impact on drug testing in each state
Bill Current is the President and Founding Partner of CCG. He founded CCG in 1998 and CCG is the number one recognized brand name in compliance, business development, and operations consulting in the drug testing industry. He created Current Compliance, the only comprehensive online subscription database on all state laws related to workplace drug testing. He is also the author of “Why Drug Testing: Updated and Expanded for 2020” and nine other books on substance-related issues.
For more than 25 years, ClearStar has helped employers around the globe succeed by providing them with employment intelligence to hire and grow their teams with confidence. ClearStar offers drug and clinical testing that is fully integrated with major laboratories while the ClearMD Electronic Custody Control Form (ECCF) streamlines the drug and clinical test ordering process. Elevating your drug screening process has never been easier. For more information, please contact ClearStar.