ClearStar, a leading workforce screening provider, and our trusted onboarding solutions partner, EMP Trust, are co-hosting a free live “Form I-9 Webinar on Advanced Topics for HR/I-9 Professionals” featuring speaker Dave Basham at 2:00 PM Eastern Time (11:00 AM Pacific Time) on Thursday, April 13, 2023. To register for the free webinar, please click here.
The featured speaker Basham is a retired U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Form I-9 & E-Verify Management and Program Analyst who will give an expert opinion on topics that may be new to seasoned HR and Form I-9 professionals and help companies answer Form I-9 compliance questions. Some of these questions will include the following:
- What is the true definition of a ‘Preparer and Translator’ in the certification portion at the bottom of Page 1?
- I’m a new HR director and the current I-9s are a mess so can I have employees fill out a new one?
- What is the employer’s responsibility to oversee the completion of Form I-9?
- Who can be an authorized representative in completing Form I-9 on behalf of the employer?
- How far in advance of beginning employment can the I-9 be completed?
In his 14 years with USCIS, Basham conducted over 800 Form I-9 and E-Verify presentations to audiences that included elected officials, immigration attorneys, compliance personnel, and human resources and payroll professionals. Form I-9 violations can cause huge penalties for employers and this webinar is a chance to learn from the best. Register now and stay compliant.
ClearStar is a leading Human Resources technology company specializing in background checks, drug testing, and occupational health screening. ClearStar offers pre-employment screening services that include Form I-9 verifications to help employers ensure legal workforces and maintain legal compliance. To learn more about ClearStar, please contact us.
© 2023 ClearStar. All rights reserved. – Making copies of or using any part of the ClearStar website for any purpose is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ClearStar. ClearStar does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.