ClearStar – a leading provider of Human Capital Integrity℠ technology-based services specializing in background checks, drug testing, and occupational health screening – is looking back on its accomplishments of 2022 while also looking forward to accomplishing its goals in 2023. Here are a few highlights about the ClearStar company and its people from the past year.
- ClearStar Acquires Employment Screening Resources (ESR): ClearStar acquired Employment Screening Resources (ESR), a highly respected background screening firm, near the start of 2022. With ESR’s base of operations on the West Coast, this acquisition strengthened ClearStar’s ability to operate coast-to-coast, expanding its capacity to continue to deliver high-quality customer service across all 50 states and beyond. “ESR, like ClearStar, has demonstrated a dedication to industry innovation, service excellence, and strict compliance,” said Chad Parodi, Chief Executive Officer of ClearStar.
- ClearStar Sponsors Free Webinar on State Drug Testing Laws: In March 2022, ClearStar sponsored a free webinar titled “A Deep Dive Into 5 States’ Drug Testing Laws” presented by expert drug testing industry consultants Current Consulting Group (CCG). This presentation, the first of several free webinars with CCG in 2022, covered the legal status of workplace drug testing in the five most populated states in the U.S.: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
- ClearStar Names Three New C-Suite Executives: In April 2022, ClearStar announced three new executive leadership appointments. George Stanley was named President and General Manager of the Background Screening and Verifications Business Unit, Jennifer O’Keefe as Chief People Officer, and Ted Grulikowski as Chief Revenue Officer. These strategic hires will help guide ClearStar as it continues to scale and grow at an unprecedented rate.
- ClearStar Attends 2022 NDASA Annual Conference & Trade Show: ClearStar had a booth at the National Drug and Alcohol Screening Association (NDASA) 2022 Annual Conference & Trade Show that took place in May 2022, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The mission of the NDASA is to advocate for safe and drug-free workplaces and communities through legislative advocacy, education, training, and excellence in drug and alcohol screening services.
- The ClearStar Culture: ClearStar posted a blog about “The ClearStar Culture” in June 2022 that explained how fostering company culture is a journey and a vital component in achieving our mission. Embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) helps our employees and customers do extraordinary things. ClearStar’s goal is to create a safer environment across the world by helping 200,000 employers make better hiring decisions by 2030.
- ClearStar Awarded Recertification for Prestigious ISO Standards: In August 2022, the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB), a third-party certification body for the International Standards Organization (ISO), awarded ClearStar a recertification of the ISO 27001:2013 standard and its first certification under the ISO 27018:2019 security standard for the public cloud computing environment. These certifications confirm that ClearStar’s best in class technical controls and formalized IT Security policies and procedures are operating effectively.
- ClearStar Co-Presents Free Webinar on Social Media Screening: ClearStar and Social Intelligence™ co-presented a free webinar titled “Social Media Background Checks: Supporting Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in the Digital Age” in August 2022. The webinar examined how toxic online content can create a toxic workplace and what DEIB initiatives can do to help solve this problem. Social Intelligence™ is the only social media background screening company to be designated as a consumer reporting agency (CRA) by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- ClearStar Attends 2022 PBSA Annual Conference in Aurora, Colorado: In September 2022, ClearStar sent several team members to represent the company at the 2022 Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) Annual Conference held in Aurora, Colorado. President of Medical Information Services Todd Shoulberg, Vice President of Global Sales Dawn Standerwick, Vice President of Operations and Client Service Katie Mahoney, Vice President of Product Management Lydia Wray, and Manager of Records Fulfillment and Compliance Kyle Criswell attended the conference.
- ClearStar Announces New Chief Financial Officer: ClearStar was pleased to name Dave Morgan as Chief Financial Officer in October 2022. Morgan brings more than 30 years of diverse finance experience to ClearStar. As CFO, he will oversee all aspects of ClearStar’s financial operations and reporting, cash management, forecasting, and controls. In addition, he will assume responsibility for systems integrations, operational planning, and profit improvement initiatives.
- ClearStar Named to 2022 HRO Today Baker’s Dozen for Pre-Employment Screening: In November 2022, ClearStar was named to the “2022 HRO Today Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings for Pre-Employment Screening” based on customer feedback. ClearStar was ranked 8th in Overall Enterprise Pre-Employment Screening Leaders, Enterprise Breadth of Service Leaders, and Enterprise Size of Deal Leaders, and 7th in Enterprise Quality of Service Leaders.
- ClearStar Sponsors Free Webinar on Legally Defensible Drug Testing Programs: In December 2022, ClearStar sponsored another free webinar with Current Consulting Group (CCG) about “How to Ensure Your Drug Testing Program Is Legally Defensible” that discussed the three “C’s” of a legally defensible program – compliance, comprehensiveness, and consistency – and explained how various state laws and federal regulations apply to screening for drugs and alcohol.
ClearStar wishes everyone a Happy New Year and a safe and successful 2023. Since New Year’s Day (January 1st) falls on a Sunday, ClearStar offices will be closed to observe the holiday on Monday, January 2, 2023. ClearStar offices will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. To learn more about ClearStar, please contact us today.
NOTE: ClearStar reminds readers that allegations made in lawsuits are not proof a business or individual violated any law, rule, or regulation since they are in the pleading stage with no factual adjudications yet.
© 2022 ClearStar. All rights reserved. – Making copies of or using any part of the ClearStar website for any purpose is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ClearStar. ClearStar does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.